Scheduled Tour Departures Cancelled Until October 31, 2020

Updated 21 May 2020

With the ongoing impact of COVID-19 globally, we have made the very difficult decision to cancel all Moose tours that were scheduled to depart during our “summer” operating season (until October 31, 2020). The best information indicates that international borders are likely to remain closed for an extended period of time, making it difficult for the vast majority of Moose travellers to join us. After more than 20 years of road tripping through Western Canada with friends from all over the world, it will be tough to skip this summer, but we look forward to welcoming you all in the near future! If you’re hoping to travel through Western Canada in Summer 2020, please click here!

If you are currently booked to travel on a Moose tour departing prior to October 31, 2020:

Our Moose passengers are our number one priority and our focus has always been on providing you with the biggest adventures for the best value – not on profit.  As such, cancelling the season is a huge hit to us as a small, local business.  We have been working around the clock to make sure that we ride out this storm and can keep making memories with you.

In light of this, we would ask, if you are able, that you postpone your trip instead of cancelling and come adventure with us in the 2021 season*.  This will make a tremendous difference for our operations as a small business. You will receive credit to the value of your original booking, and we will honour any discounts you received from us when you booked. This credit will be valid until the end of our summer operating season in October 2021 on any Moose tour. As an added thank you, we can also offer you a free night’s stay in a dorm room at either the Samesun Vancouver or Samesun Banff, before or after your trip, as well as an extra CA$100 credit**, as a token of our appreciation. Note: if you choose to postpone, you do not have to decide on a new tour date at this time! We will simply hold your payment as credit until you know your new tour and departure date.

Of course, we understand this is not a feasible option for everyone, so if you are unable to postpone your trip you may cancel and receive a full refund.

We really hope you’re able to postpone your trip and come travel with us in future.  As a small, local company, the impact of this pandemic has been particularly hard-hitting on not only us, but also our partner hostels, restaurants, and activity suppliers. By choosing to postpone, you’re not only investing in your future travel happiness, you’re also helping support local tourism in the communities we visit.

If you booked your Moose trip directly with us, or with an online travel agency, we’ll be contacting you soon with more information about the choices we’ve presented above.

If you booked through another Moose partner, such as a traditional travel agency or working holiday program provider, we will advise that partner of your options. Please contact them regarding your booking.

From all of us at Moose, we are heartbroken not to have you on tour with us this season, but we can’t wait to see you in 2021 and show you the beautiful sights our country has to offer!

* If international borders open sometime before or during winter 2020/21, you may even be able to join us as early as late December 2020 on a newly planned winter “sno-fari” tour! Stay tuned!

** CA$100 extra credit has no cash value, i.e. you cannot be refunded in whole or in part for any unused portion.