Updated: April 9, 2021
The following are measures that we have implemented to ensure your wellbeing while you travel with us. We will continue to adapt these measures in accordance with changes made by municipal, provincial and federal authorities in Canada, as well as the global protocols established for tour operators by the World Travel and Tourism Council.
Summer 2021 Tour Departures
Given the current Canadian border restrictions, and vaccination rollout schedules globally, we’ve made the very difficult decision to not operate tours until the situation improves. At present, you can book tours with departures from July 2021 onward.
Moose Reservations and Check-In Desk
Our Reservations and Check-In Desk is not currently open to visit in person, but note that you can of course interact with us online or by telephone. This desk will reopen when we start operating tours again and the following measures will be implemented:
- Mask wearing and social distancing will be enforced at check-in and when making an inquiry or reservation in person
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the desk
- Contactless payment options will be available
- A plexiglass barrier will separate Moose staff from travellers
- Moose staff will be required to wear a mask and practise hygienic behaviour
- Self-Assessment – we will ask travellers to not join our tour if they are exhibiting signs and/or symptoms of COVID-19, or have been exposed to the virus within a 14-day period prior to our tour departing
- Screening questions at boarding – travellers will be asked a series of questions about their health and travel restrictions as it relates to COVID-19, and they may not be allowed to board depending on their answers
- Temperature checks at boarding – travellers will be asked to submit to a non-contact temperature check, and travellers with a reading of 38C or higher may not be allowed to board
Procedures On Tour
- Enhanced vehicle cleaning – our buses will be thoroughly cleaned prior to each tour departure. There will be regular vehicle cleaning during the tour, with particular attention paid to high touch areas such as seats, hand rails, door and window handles, and luggage racks.
- Social distancing – travellers will need to practise social distancing from anyone not on their tour or where required by local mandate
- Mandatory mask wearing – travellers will need to wear non-medical masks at all times while on board our bus, at all times where required by local mandate, and in other situations where social distancing may not be possible. Travellers will need to supply their own masks.
- Hygienic behaviour encouraged – hand sanitizer will be available on our buses, and our road crew will actively encourage its use, alongside reminding everyone to practise regular hand washing. We will also ask/remind travellers to sneeze and cough into a cloth or their elbow.
- Daily screening questions and temperature checks – every morning and evening, travellers will be asked a series of questions about their health as it relates to COVID-19, and will need to submit to a non-contact temperature check. If any traveller shows signs or symptoms of COVID-19, we will contact local health authorities and will follow their directions on how to proceed.
- Activity procedures – our activity partners have instituted similar procedures to the above. Note that some activities may not be available as a direct result of the pandemic.
All of our accommodation partners have special COVID-19 procedures in place. Click the links for details:
Procedures For Road Crew/Staff
Our office is currently closed and all staff are working remotely.
When we start operating tours again, all road crew and office staff will also need to pass self-assessments and temperature checks, as well as follow all above stated procedures, to be able to continue to work.