BACKPACKING IN THE ROCKIES
The Rocky Mountains will take your breath away – and you’ll remember these stunning landscapes for years! The Canadian Rockies is filled with pristine turquoise lakes, snow-capped mountains, imposing glaciers and deep green valleys. One of the most famous drives in the world connects Banff and Jasper, weaving through the mountains and valleys on the Icefields Parkway.
This lucky bunch of visitors make the Icefields Parkway trip in summer and see some truly amazing sites! Once the snow starts to melt, the waterfalls rage and are a powerful sight.
Through the Banff, Jasper and Yoho National Parks you’ll see wildlife ranging from elk, deer, bears & big horned sheep to beavers, marmots and a large range of bird life – keep your eyes peeled at all times!
Highlights in the Canadian Rockies are
- See iconic lakes such as Peyto Lake, Moraine Lake and Lake Louise
- Explore the intense landscape of the Athabasca Glacier
- Feel the gushing spray from the Athabasca Falls as the glacial waters head downstream
- Enjoy the drive along the Icefields Parkway for epic vistas of steep mountains and deep carved valleys
- View the jagged turret looking peaks on Castle Mountain
- Whitewater rafting on the Kicking Horse River
- Stroll through the quaint mountain town of Jasper and enjoy the hopping bar life in Banff
- Go hiking on one, two or more of the fantastic hiking trails for any fitness level