ADVENTURE TRAVEL GUIDE TO BANFF
If you like big peaks – you are in for a treat! Banff is the iconic Rocky Mountain destination! A hopping town centre with a party filled nightlife, surrounded by incredible mountains and easy access to hiking, biking or kayaking.
Banff has dozen’s of great bars & restaurants with live music nearly every night of the week & a party always ready to happen. Get out in the wilderness during the day & experience Banff’s other kind of wild-ness by night!
Banff’s long summer days are filled with epic hiking trips up local mountains or lazy days hanging with mates by the Bow River. In the peak of summer it is light outside until after 10pm, so you can enjoy the long days exploring the Rocky Mountains (or grabbing beers on a patio).
Checklist for the best Banff adventures
- Ride the gondola (or hike) up Sulphur Mountain for views over the Banff townsite
- Hike Banff’s favourite trail: Tunnel Mountain (known by the First Nations as Sleeping Buffalo Mountain)
- Get the adrenaline rush of whitewater rafting on the Kicking Horse River!
- Go kayaking on the Bow River for some sneaky wildlife spotting
- Grab a bicycle to explore the Hoodoo Trails & Vermillion Lake
- Head out on a Banff Ave Pub Crawl & live up the mountain party vibe
- Hike the extreme 3000m peaks of Cascade or Rundle Mountain
- Dip in the upper Hot Springs to relax the muscles from your epic day’s adventure